Thursday, January 7, 2010

rearranging

rearrange the pieces in this old room
built up just to start again
making something new, i don’t recognize
me
anymore.

crashed to pieces the fragments
remaining
pick up what’s left
twisted you between the sheets of memories
try telling me once, ill tell you again

keep it locked
don’t bother to knock
here
cause I’m not your door mat
anymore, no not me anymore

you've kept me here, locked in
held with invisible bands
woven threads of grays and reds
like all the rest, just like all the rest

put back together, seams sewn between the lines
of you and me and all the rest
patches of broken hopes and broken hearts
mismatched memories

take what’s yours but leave what’s mine
but taking yours you take mine
you took it all, leaving all but
me and the shadows of you
in between the lines

1 comment:

  1. I love that you keep posting poems, Em! They are so great! I want to do some more of that too. Have you taken any more fun pictures? You shooould! But more importantly, you should take them in a place with a really interesting background....like Columbus Ohio. :)!!!!! haha. I hope that you really can escape for some weekend soon and come visit. I found tickets for about 178 for two weeks from now, but I don't know when your next three day weekend is. I sure miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete