Sunday, January 24, 2010

daring to dream

i was so energized by what i heard and felt in church today. you know those days where you feel like someone must have known? today was one of those days.

Wonder
Open mind and heart
Reach in ward and upward
Trusting
Hold on to hope

really liked the acronym this girl made up for her talk.... she went more in depth into each one. after i talked to her and loved hearing her story. went to school, majored in communications (not the broadcasting side, but the relationship/communication side) went to hair school, went on a mission, now going to grad school in education. it was so awesome talking to her.

going to hair school? now that would be fun....

i am just so ready for an adventure, to do something that doesn't make sense. to listen to my heart, rediscover my passions and desires(and that they are probably different then when i was 21) and know and feel and believe that they are important. then go for it and heck with everything else.

rediscovering my passions and desires will take work and a little painful self analysis. it may not make sense to others. it may not make a whole lot of sense to me. but it will be freeing and hopeful and happy again. that is how i will know i am on the right track. when i look inside and trust myself and let go off all the fear of what others think, what will be left is a calming peace that i am in the right place. a place that isnt about being tough and enduring one hard thing to the next. but it will be about listening to my heart, making and taking opportunities, believing in my goodness as a daughter of God and the goodness of my life, faith in greater things to come, taking the adventure, reaching out and opening my heart, hoping in miracles that can be done, daring to dream big. it will be about me being who i should have always been, not for any other reason than because that is the way i am and the way God created me to be. for a reason. with all my crazy loves and passions and desires that has been squelched by fear and pain and disappointment and doubts. mostly its about learning who i am, not what i should be or need to be or have to be, but who i am....that i dont have to be anything or anyone else for anyone. it is about learning who i am and being ok with that, imperfections and all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment