Saturday, May 21, 2011

the latest

so i feel like I have gotten worse over time with recording my life and thoughts about it. but with a new resolve today to be better, i dedicate this blog.

first and formost I thought I would start by saying that after being engaged 5 months, our wedding is finally almost here. I really cant believe it. three weeks and I will be a married women. not that i will be any different but it is still so fun to think about it. i am excited for our wedding and to be married but scared too that things wont be the way i want them for the reception. with all this planning for all this time, i think brice is wondering what life will be like without the wedding planning. and i am too. I am excited to move on to something new. but i am excited for it to all actually happen. the other night i had a dream that everything was going wrong with the wedding...no photographer, no cake, no flowers, and the invitations were popsicles with the date and time written on teach one...lets just hope its not that bad even if things dont go exactly how I have imaged and hoped. I need to just remember what is most important and try to let it go and enjoy! thats my plan to do at least.

And about our long engagement...a lot of people have given us a hard time about it. not our family, just random people that dont really know us. isnt it always like that...the people that dont know you have the biggest problem with what you are doing. I never thought i would be engaged for a long time but it just worked out this way and honestly it was the best thing. the way i work with making decisions (figure out all my options first, mull it over it in my brain while looking at it in all directions) it was been so nice to have time to research and figure out what I want everything to be like. and i figured out something about myself...i like planning. I really do. so for the most part this wedding plannings stuff has been fun and interesting. brice is such a good finance :) getting stuff done and making me call people back when I dont want to :) He has totally taken care of the photographer. He has emailed people for wedding stuff. sat with me while ive made mutliple to do lists for fun and helped to get as much done on our list as could. he stuffed every envelope while I graded and did the labels and addresses. i think this picture makes my point..hahha



but all in all, we have enjoyed this progress together. i think planning a wedding together helps you to see each other in a new way and is good preparation for planning a family together. we have grown so close since we've been engaged. i think we have done pretty good working everything out and keeping things balanced. but i think we are both excited for it to finally be here and move on to things slowing down a bit until August.

No comments:

Post a Comment